Saturday, October 11, 2014

Waterville

On October 11th, I got invited to a couples 40th wedding anniversary. Not many people these days pass 5 years of marriage, so it was definitely something to celebrate, and celebrate they did. The venue was at the Waterville Estate in Santa Cruz, which is quite a popular venue for weddings and parties. They were popular for their annual carnival party, which I never went to, but I have always heard about. I arrived at the venue early, before any of the guest arrived. Preparations were going on, the DJ was setting up the sound system, the bar was being stocked, and the caterers were laying out the impressive spread. I walked around the place and snapped a few photos, then met with one of the owners. We sat down and had quite a long talk and was told that the estate is on about 12 acres, and she pointed out that just about an hour and a half hike over the hill at the back of the estate would take you right to Maracas Bay. It was really a lovely venue, and I have always loved the Santa Cruz area as well. As it got darker, the air cooled and there was a mist all along the mountain sides. Quite an impressive sight. If I am fortunate enough to be alive after 40 years of marriage, this would be a place that I would like to celebrate it.






No comments:

Post a Comment