Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Erin

When I decided that I would travel around and see the country some more, I never expected to end up at a pig farm, yet alone a pig farm in Erin, down south. DEEP south. I have been buying products from Erin Farms for years now, especially the streaky bacon, but never thought about the process it takes to get to my grocery store. I was fortunate enough to have lunch there, and got a taste of some freshly butchered pork. Now, this could be all in my head, but it definitely was one of the best pork meals I ever had, not sure if it's because the meat was fresh, or if the person that cooked was a magical chef, but it was crazy delicious. After lunch, we got the full tour of the pig farm. It may be a bit sad to say, but I think this may have been the first time that I have ever seen a real live pig, pink pigs with their little snouts and curly tails, rolling around in mud. I have to say that they are surprisingly cute. Cute enough to make me feel a little guilty for eating that delicious lunch. Afterwards, we got a tour of the packaging factory. I got to see them prepare and package quite a bit of the products they sell, and even after I just ate an amazing meal, I walked around and looked at all the hams, sausages, bacon and pepperoni, and felt hungry all over again. When we left, we drove not even 2 minutes, and got to the south coast of Trinidad. A little fishing village on Erin bay, I really regret not getting out to take some pictures (I should have listened to my girlfriend), but it was the first time I have seen the south coast. I will be back in the area again, because I saw quite a few different things along the way that I would like to snap, so hopefully next time I get out the car and do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment