Saturday, October 18, 2014

Maracas

So finally a miracle occurred and I got a Saturday off work. Plans were made to head to Maracas Bay early in the morning so that we could get back home by lunch time. When we got there, we stopped off at the fishing village just to the left of the main bay to snap a few pictures. I'm not sure of it was the time of the morning, or just the angle from that side of the bay, but looking out towards Maracas and seeing all the sea spray causing a slight mist along the beach, almost seemed magical. It now has me wanting to get there at the break of dawn to see what the view is like. Maracas is probably the most popular beach in Trinidad, and there are always mentions of it in various articles around the internet, and most recently I saw this article on Huffington Post about it. I don't think I've ever gone on a Saturday, at least not that I can remember, because beach is usual a Sunday "lime" for most people. I also usually get there closer to lunch time to feast on a fried bake stuffed with various different seafood options like shark, king fish or shrimp, but this time, I opted for just a bake and cheese. It seemed like more of a breakfast option to me. Back at the beach, it was very quiet, I counted no more than 20 people around. I think I like that time of day. We swam for a bit, relaxed under the shade, and after a few hours, we headed back home. It was probably the most relaxing and peaceful time I ever had at Maracas.






No comments:

Post a Comment