Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mayaro

It was going to be my 4th visit to Mayaro beach, and I was excited. I have always loved that drive through the Manzanilla stretch where the road is lined on either side with coconut trees. I have also always loved the beach itself, just miles and miles of shoreline. At my previous job, we had an offsite office at Guyaguyare, which is a bit past Mayaro. I had to drive there at least once a week to check up on things, so I always passed the beach, just never stopped off to swim. The reason for my excitement was that I haven't been there in about 9 years, and I couldn't wait to take that drive again. It is probably one of the few long drives that I enjoy because of the relatively straight stretch with the ocean at your side to keep you company. I was also looking forward to taking some photos of the area, and thinking about it, being that it's on the east coast, I can only imagine what the sunrise must look like.
After the 2 1/2 hour drive, we got to the beach. I took a long walk heading south until there were no more houses along the way. Turned around and headed back to where our group was, only to notice that they made friends with a guy and his daughter walking their dogs. They were running around and having a ball in the ocean, which made me realise, that is probably one of the advantages of having a dog over a cat as a pet. There is NO way I would be able to take my cat to the beach and have him play like that. After they left, another stray dog showed up and was laying around where we were, I tried feeding him, but he wasn't even hungry, he just wanted company, until it started to rain. It came down quickly and heavily, and my new dog friend disappeared. The raindrops were huge and cold, so I ran into the ocean, which, compared to the rain, seemed like a hot tub. Most of the group followed, and we swam around in the ocean until the cloud passed over, and we were back to the blazing heat of the sun. It was a great day, even though the commute was longer than the stay, I really enjoyed it. It looks like I need to find a place to rent for a night so that I can get back there to wake up early and catch that sunrise.









No comments:

Post a Comment