Saturday, May 10, 2014

Recitals and Jointpop

A friend of mine told me that he was attending a recital on Saturday night, of a final year music student at the University of Trinidad & Tobago. Turns out that the university hosts the recitals at National Academy for the Performing Arts, so there are always small scale concerts held by the music students, multiple instrumentalist and vocalist, covering a range of genres. It was quite refreshing to hear some live classical music for a change. If that wasn't enough music for the night, I made my way to good old Shakers again to support a long time local band, and some friends of mine, Jointpop. They brought their brand of local rock and roll to their large following of fans who were all there cheering them on. It was a great show, but it wasn't the end of my musical experience for the weekend just yet, I still had a ticket for yet another concert on Sunday night, which I can't wait to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment