Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo isn't really a celebration in this country, but because of it's association with Mexico, a few bars and restaurants offer specials on Mexican food, or tequila specials, so I decided to take advantage of both. I stepped out to Trotters restaurant to grab a meal, in an attempt to prepare myself for what was to come later that night. After stuffing myself with some delicious steak tacos, I headed off to Shakers for their annual tequila festival. A side note, May 5th is also the owners birthday, so they go the extra mile to make a great event of it all. There were multiple display booths for different brands of tequila, all offering free samples, and to spice things up, there was also chilli available, if you needed a bite to eat. All of this, including a live band, and even a t-shirt, was available for a very reasonable cover charge. The crowd was a great mix of people and a fantastic time was had by myself. Made some new friends and left in an amazing mood. What a way to start my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment