Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ziplining

It is Sunday again, my day off, so time for some adventure. This Sunday I decided to keep it a bit quiet, since I had a full week and a great night last night, AND I had a family lunch to attend for Mother's Day. I needed an activity that wouldn't take up my entire day, yet be exciting enough to get some adrenaline pumping. We settled on Ziplining. A local company called Zipitt in association with CDA has a great zipline course set up at Macqueripe Bay in Chaguaramas. This time, I got some friends and family to come along with me.
We got there and we were greeted by some of the friendliest staff I have come across in a very long time. We had to sign some waiver forms, so that they won't be responsible for any accidents, and then they geared us up with all the needed equipment. We got a short briefing on the procedures and safety  requirements, and they headed up to the first line. After my rock climbing experience last week, I thought that this would be a breeze, and I would never get nervous at any time. I was quite wrong. Just before climbing to the first platform, my palms started getting a bit sweaty, and I got this nervous feeling in my stomach. When we got to the top, and everyone went ahead of me without a fuss, I felt a lot calmer, got strapped in and sent off. Not sure of the speeds we were going, but because of the height and looking down from about 130', it was quite a rush. That first line set the mood for the rest of the day, and all of the other lines gave a thrill. The 7th and final line, was the fastest and longest, and crossed over the Macqueripe beach, I can only imagine what the people down on the beach looking up were thinking. All along the platforms, ziplines and net bridges, the staff made sure we were all very safe and secure, while keeping us highly entertained. It really is comforting coming across such an amazing group of people, I can't go on enough about how nice we were treated and how great an experience we all had. I will definitely be doing this again soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment