Monday, January 26, 2015

Carnival Village

So I know I have been missing for a while, but I was just  occupied over Christmas and most of the year so far. I am now doing work on a Sunday as well, and even though its only for about an hour, It has to be done at about 2pm, so it keeps me from spending all day out and about.
It is now close to carnival here in Trinidad, and there is always something to do around this time to keep the influx of tourist and locals alike entertained. Today was the opening of the carnival village, at the Queen's Park Savannah. It is free to the public and provides various types of entertainment, showcasing all the elements of carnival and it's history. There are also locally made crafts and food for sale, and lots of live entertainment with rhythm sections, steel pan, calypso and soca artist and even tassa. A great place to get into the swing of the season, and even though I am not the biggest lover of carnival, this year I will put myself out to experience as much as I can, so expect some more carnival related post soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment