Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tutura

It was another one of those weekends where I didn't make a definite plan to do anything, I figured that I would wake up on Sunday and head to some beach, or maybe take a drive to south, luckily, before I went to bed, I saw my cousin post that he was going on a hike to a place called Tutura. I have never heard of it before, and when I looked up information on it, I found nothing. I messaged to let him know of my interest in accompanying. He offered to pick me up, and we were on our way. I didn't know where we were going, what the conditions were like or anything about the place, but I was excited.
Being a passenger was nice for a change, but the problem with that is,  I don't pay attention to location, so I am unable to give directions, but it was somewhere around Valencia....I think. We parked, waited for some others to show up, and then started the 45 minute trek, up a hill, through a river, up another hill, down another hill, through another river, until THEY finally arrived.
Me, on the other hand, realised something about myself on this hike. I am unfit. VERY unfit. This is an issue that needs to be addressed asap. I mean, I was taking my time and stopping to get some photos, but I lagged way behind the group, and each time, I exerted unnecessary energy to catch up to them, to try not to get lost, which happened anyway.
The path has a few splits, and I just carried along the one that "looked right". Realising it was a dead end, started heading back, when I saw my cousin, who called me back and lead the way (thanks again). All along the way, there were shelf like formations where the water ran off, making lots of smaller waterfalls, and at the end, there was the largest one, which I think he said was 60' high. Really a great hike, and some amazing natural beauty all around. It was the first time seeing some formations like that. We stopped off for a bit, recuperated, then headed back to the cars. It was a great day, and I met some great people, and now, I am EXHAUSTED.
From tomorrow, I start exercising, if I can walk.










No comments:

Post a Comment