Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wildfowl Trust

When I was in primary school, we went on a few different tours around the country to various places, one of them being Pointe A Pierre Wildfowl Trust. I remember it was also the only time I ever took a camera with me, with hopes of getting some great pictures, but I was perhaps too young, and had no idea how to even operate a camera. The developed film probably had 1 photograph that was actually in focus of a lillypad, other that that, I can't remember the experience in any way. All that remained was that one photograph.
Now that I am a bit older and understand how to operate a camera a bit better, I made a call to visit, to get a tour of the place. They have a basic entrance fee of $15 TTD, and they have groups of tours a few times per day, depending on the size of the groups. They also have a few rules about no video or audio recording, and photographs are for personal use only. I am hoping this blog is considered personal and that I'm not breaking any of their rules by posting the pictures I took.
When I got there, I was a bit early, and no one was there yet to open up, so I drove back out to get some doubles across the road. Headed back in, and they were open for business. Turns out that the group that I was supposed to get the tour with, cancelled, so I had the place to myself. I asked if I actually "needed" the tour, or if I could walk around on my own because I would prefer that. I got my wish. I spent about an hour and a half walking around and taking in the sites. The views were serene, relaxing, benches all over so you could take it all in. I was just imagining if I had the land like this, it would be exactly the way I would set up my backyard. A huge pond, lots of birds and ducks all over, a walkway around the place, it would be ideal. The birds are all wild, and they care for injured species and release them back into the wild, most leave the place, some stick around. I don't blame the ones that stay back, they got a nice thing going there.
The most amazing thing about there, is that you pass this entire industrial facility to get to it. Steel pipes, tubes, funnels, chimneys spewing out flames, all dark and cold and evil looking, and just beyond, the beauty of all this nature and wildlife. A great example of contrast. This is another one of those places that I definitely want to visit again, but when I get a camera with a lot more zoom.



















No comments:

Post a Comment