Thursday, August 21, 2014

Florida Vacation

For the last 2 weekends, I was on vacation in Florida. Even though I stayed just outside Miami, we still moved around a bit and visited some other parts of Florida. We took a drive down to Key Biscayne, all the way to the Cape Florida Light. Drove along South Beach, as well as the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, where we stopped off for a bucket of beers and wings. Drove across the state to the west coast and visited Sanibel Island. Headed south after that to Naples. This was the first time I got to put my feet into the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. On the trip back to our home base, we stopped off for an airboat ride on the everglades at a place called Wooten's, where I got to see my first wild live gator in its natural habitat, as well as ride in an airboat, something I have always wanted to do since I was a little kid.
Between all the exploring and driving, I will openly say that I ate WAY too much food. I had no idea it was possible to gain that much weight in under 2 weeks, but, it was vacation time. I had an amazing time, and met some great people. Saw a lot, learned a lot, experienced a lot. Here are some random pictures from the trip, there are many pictures of the sky, because what I never really noticed about Florida before, was how flat it all was. Not a mountain or a hill in sight for miles and miles, so you get some really nice pictures of the sky, and of course, the pictures do it no justice as it would were you standing there and seeing it yourself.












No comments:

Post a Comment