Thursday, September 3, 2015

Maracas

On Tuesday, the office closed at about 12:30 and I was all packed to go to the beach, but my cousin and her son visited us at the office, and I ended up babysitting for a while then going with them to the movies. On Wednesday I got to work and noticed my beach bag still packed and noticed that we were closing at 3, so I took that opportunity to take a quick run up to Maracas Bay, to take a dip in the ocean and maybe eat some fried foods. I got to the beach a little after 4 and was quite surprised at how many people were around for a Wednesday afternoon, my first order of business was to have lunch, as I didn't eat anything for the morning, so I got some fried chicken wings and a side of french fries and had a nice conversation with the vendor, I even asked her if she was willing to trade jobs with me. Her response was exactly what I expected, "I worked in town for a few years, I will never go back"
I set up a spot on a log, ate my food and then lay in the sand and took a short 30 minute siesta with nothing but the breaking waves as background noise. Saw a friend a little way away, so went over to say hi then we went to take a swim. In all the years I have gone to Maracas, I have never felt the water that warm, got out the water just as the sun was about to set, dried off and headed to the car, but just as I was passing the vendor I got my wings from, I noticed she was also selling home made ice cream, so I just had to sample it. I've had Guinness flavoured ice cream around the place before, but this one was the first one that had the perfect balance for me. Packed up and headed home, I got to the look out and saw the sunset, so I pulled over and took a pic of it.
This was a perfect little escape, one of the best beach days I have had in quite some time, I think I will start to keep a beach bag packed and ready in the car from now on.






1 comment: