Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hutt Shutts

World cup started this week, and being a football fan, I have been trying to watch as many games as I possibly can. So as a way to experience something new, while enjoying the world cup, I took a trip to a sports bar in Tacarigua called Hutt Shutts. I heard about this place, this huge castle in the middle of nowhere, attracting large crowds for all major sporting events. I remember switching through radio stations for the Champions League finals, and heard a local broadcast from this place, and it sounded
like the place to be, the broadcasters were going crazy and the crowd was loud and rowdy after Real Madrid equalised just before the final whistle, taking the game into extra time, where they then ended up winning the match. It sounded like pure excitement, and there is nothing more exciting than being around large crowds enjoying a good football match.
I headed down today just in time to watch the 2nd half of the Switzerland vs Ecuador match, a 1-1 draw up until the last seconds of the final whistle, when Switzerland's Seferović scored a last second win. Even though the place was rather quiet, there was still and air of excitement, that got me to jump off my seat to celebrate the victory. Beers were on special, 3 Carib for $24 TTD, which is a steal, compared to the bars that I frequent in Port of Spain. There is also a small cafeteria that sells burgers, fries, and a few other items. I gave the wings a try, cooked on order, and I got them just as the France vs Honduras match was about to start. Had my wings, my beer and enjoyed a good 3-0 victory for France. I loved the place, it is the type of bar I would frequent, if only I lived closer. The inside of the place is quite large, there is a stage to the back, and on top of it is a large projection screen, and all along the walls were other televisions, so you get a good view, no matter where you were. The bar seemed to have a good selection of drinks, but the real attraction is the outside of the building. It is a freaking CASTLE, at least, it is all done up to look like one, complete with suits of armour and cannons on the wall. I will round up some of my fellow sports fans and perhaps head there for another World Cup match, or maybe some other major sporting event. We might even just go to shoot some pool and have a few drinks. Looking forward to my next visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment